France recently announced that the country would no longer have any Covid restrictions in place for international travelers. Testing, masks, quarantine, and proof of vaccination are officially no longer needed to enter this highly sought tourist destination. The country has already seen an increase in tourism from those willing to power through the restrictions. Now that the country has completely reopened, there will surely be a larger influx of eager travelers. What better way to celebrate the country’s reopening than by booking a 5-star hotel for less than $150 a night?
Listed below are five 5-star properties for a luxury stay in France. Dates chosen for prices were September 20th through September 27th, for a total of 7 nights.
Château de Tressé Rest & Forest Spa
Have you ever wanted to stay in a castle in France? This beautiful 15-room property is your chance to do it in style! Treat yourself with a deep tissue massage before spending a relaxing day at the pool. The gorgeous interior will leave you wishing you could stay forever, and the grounds surrounding the Château will isolate you from the worries you left at home.
- Price Per Night: $127.57 (Standard Double Room)
- The Forest Spa: The spa has ten treatment rooms, including rooms that can be reserved for couples. Several massage options, mud baths, ayurvedic treatments, and many other options are all on offer.
- Onsite Dining: So Saint is the Château’s onsite restaurant, and the Le Vetiver Tea Room is open daily.
Résidence La Forêt du Praz
For those who enjoy luxury with a slice of action, this 5-star hotel is located right in the middle of some top-tier ski facilities. Travelers headed to this picturesque ski lodge had better be ready to disconnect and spend the day on the slopes, as the property caters almost exclusively to skiers and snowboarders and does not offer internet access. There is an onsite restaurant and two bars. If you want to do anything else, you’ll have to drive.
- Price Per Night: $113.57 (Apartment With Mountain View)
- Activities: Close by is The Grand Spa Thermal, for those looking for a relaxing outing.
- Onsite Dining: Le Tremplin is the onsite restaurant, and there are two bars, L’Aventure and La Mangeoire
Résidence Pierre & Vacances Premium Presqu’Ile de la Touques
Located close to Deauville Beach in a beautiful slice of Normandy, this hotel is sure to live up to its five stars. A sauna, hammam, and spa are all onsite to make sure you leave feeling pampered and relaxed. The closest train station is only 300m away for those who want to get out and explore the surrounding area, and the proximity to the sea brings picturesque sailboats into view from the hotel.
- Price Per Night: $133 (Standard One Bedroom)
- Activities: If you can convince yourself to leave the spa or sauna, Deauville Beach is right around the corner for a beautiful morning walk. Deauville itself looks like it is straight out of a fairy tale and is certainly worth exploring on foot.
Les Couleurs du Verger
For a more quaint experience, travelers should head to this mid-19th-century 5-star B&B located in Beaumont-les-Autels, France. The surrounding area is more rural and shows off the natural beauty of the landscape, and couples in particular like this location.
- Price Per Night: $121.14 (Double Room W/ Private Bathroom)
- Activities: A heated swimming pool is available from May to October, and guests can book massages onsite. The surrounding area offers nature hikes and cycling opportunities.
- Onsite Dining: Breakfast is included with the stay, and other meals can also be arranged onsite.
For beach lovers, Arinella Bianca is an excellent 5-star choice. This property has something for everyone, whether looking to relax or go on an adventure. The onsite spa center adds a touch of luxury to this unique seaside stay.
- Price Per Night: $110 (Two Bedroom Bungalow)
- For Extra Savings: Book the mobile home option at $80 per night.
- Activities: The 7th Sense Spa offers many different treatment options, and after getting pampered, guests can sunbathe by the sea. Tennis, hiking, and fishing are all within walking distance for those looking for a more adventurous experience.
- Onsite Dining: The property has an onsite restaurant and a bar. For guests that like to have a bite to eat in their rooms, there is an onsite market.
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories