Using dried chickpeas: For even tastier and more authentic hummus, try cooking your own dried chickpeas from scratch: How to Cook Beans on the Stovetop.
• Add 1 to 3 teaspoons of spices for more flavor, like cumin, sumac, harissa, or smoked paprika.
• Drizzle a little pomegranate molasses or sprinkle a pinch of sumac on top.
• For a roasted vegetable hummus, blend in 1 cup of roasted vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, or garlic.
• For an olive hummus, fold in 3/4 cup of chopped green or black olives.
• For a nutty hummus, blend in some lightly toasted walnuts, almonds, or pine nuts.
• For a more lemony hummus, add 1/4 cup of chopped preserved lemons.
Storage: Hummus will also keep for up to 1 week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.