- You can now “snooze” emails using the Remind Me option in the iPhone’s Mail app.
- Tap the Reply icon for any email and then choose Remind Me to get a notification at another time.
- You need iOS 16 or later to use the Remind Me feature in the Mail app.
Taking control of your inbox has been one of the trickiest productivity problems of the last few decades, and various email apps have tried to make it easier to manage your email. One of the more popular solutions has been apps that let you “snooze” an email message so it pops back to the top of your inbox when you’re ready to address it. Starting with iOS 16, the iPhone’s Mail app offers a similar feature – an email reminder.
The iPhone’s email reminder is very similar to the Snooze feature built into Gmail, but is arguably even handier. Unlike the Snooze feature in Gmail, using Remind Me in Mail doesn’t make the email disappear from your inbox. Nothing happens to the email until the desired reminder time, and then it simply moves it to the top and alerts you with a notification.
How to set an iPhone email reminder
To use email reminders, your iPhone needs to be running iOS 16 or later. If in doubt, check your version of iOS and update your iPhone if needed.
1. Start the Mail app and tap the email you want to get a reminder for.
2. Tap the Reply icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the pop-up menu, choose Remind Me.
4. Choose one of the options in the menu, such as Remind Me in 1 Hour or Remind Me Tomorrow. If you prefer, you can tap Remind Me Later… and choose a specific date and time, then tap Done.
After you set the reminder, the email stays in the inbox where it was before, and you can continue to read it or use it as usual. But at the specified time, you’ll see a notification and the email will move to the top of the inbox with a label that says Remind Me.