This lemon yogurt cake is my perfect dessert. It is a breeze to make, and it is moist, tender, and stuffed with zesty taste. A easy glaze takes it excessive.
Right here’s a bit of one thing to brighten up your week: a simple, zesty lemon yogurt cake recipe!
This fashion of yogurt cake has its roots in France, and the great thing about it’s its simplicity. The ingredient record is brief and candy, and also you don’t want any particular tools to make it – a pair bowls, a loaf pan, a whisk. You’ll additionally want measuring cups to make this recipe, however – enjoyable reality! – in France, residence bakers may measure the cake elements in a yogurt container, making it even less complicated nonetheless.
As a result of I like something lemony (anybody stunned?), I spike my yogurt cake with lemon zest and prime it in a fast lemon glaze. The result’s a cake that’s moist, wealthy, and tender, with a refined tang from the yogurt and a citrusy zing from the lemon. In the event you’re something like me, you’ll be reaching for a second slice as quickly as you’ve completed your first.
Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll must make this lemon yogurt cake recipe:
- Lemons, in fact! You’ll whisk lemon zest into the cake batter and use lemon juice to make the glaze. I additionally wish to sprinkle extra zest on prime!
- Greek yogurt – Stonyfield Greek Yogurt is my favourite model to make use of on this cake. It has a looser consistency than some very thick Greek yogurts, nevertheless it’s creamier and tangier than common plain yogurt.
- All-purpose flour – Spoon and stage it to keep away from packing an excessive amount of into your measuring cup.
- Almond flour – It makes this yogurt cake extra-moist and tender.
- Baking powder and eggs – They assist the cake puff up because it bakes.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It add richness and provides the cake fruity depth of taste.
- Cane sugar – It makes the cake evenly candy.
- Vanilla extract – For heat depth of taste.
- My fast lemon glaze – Make it by stirring collectively powdered sugar and lemon juice. Really easy!
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
How you can Make Lemon Yogurt Cake
This yogurt cake recipe is SO easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the batter. In a big bowl, whisk collectively the cane sugar and lemon zest.
Add the remaining moist elements, and whisk till mixed.
In one other massive bowl, whisk collectively the dry elements.
Add the dry elements to the bowl of moist elements, and stir till simply mixed. Cautious to not overmix!
Then, bake. Pour the batter into the a greased loaf pan, and switch it to a 350° oven.
Bake till the cake is puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in its heart comes out clear. Permit the cake to chill utterly within the pan.
Lastly, add the glaze. When the cake has cooled to room temperature, take away it from the pan, and blend up the short lemon glaze.
Pour the glaze over the cake…
… and sprinkle it with lemon zest. Then, slice and serve!
Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe Ideas
- Use entire milk Greek yogurt. Skip the low- or non-fat stuff for this recipe, please! The entire milk yogurt provides important moisture and richness to the cake.
- Don’t overmix. We would like this cake to be moist and tender, not dense. Overmixing the batter begins to develop the gluten within the flour, which leads to denser, heavier baked items. To attain an ideal gentle texture, combine the batter till the moist and dry elements are simply mixed.
- Permit the cake to chill utterly. In the event you pour the glaze over the nice and cozy cake, it is going to soften! Plus, permitting the cake to chill utterly improves its moist texture and lemony taste.
- Do your future self a favor. This lemon yogurt cake retains properly in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. It additionally freezes properly! I wish to freeze particular person slices in order that I can thaw one for a fast deal with down the highway. Do the identical, and your future self will thanks!
Extra Favourite Simple Desserts
In the event you love this lemon yogurt cake, attempt one in all these straightforward treats subsequent:
Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup almond flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus extra for sprinkling
- ¾ cup entire milk Greek yogurt*
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon Glaze
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
In one other massive bowl, whisk collectively the cane sugar and lemon zest. Then add the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla and whisk to mix.
Pour the dry elements into the bowl with the moist elements and stir till simply mixed. Don’t overmix.
Pour the batter into the ready pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Let cool utterly earlier than eradicating the cake from the pan.
Make the lemon glaze in response to this recipe and drizzle it over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with lemon zest, slice, and serve.